Monday 8 February 2010

Black consciousness week

Black Panther logo

I am reading a book on the Black Panther Party in the US at the moment. I knew very little about the Black power and Black consciousness movements in the US before and so in keeping with the spirit of this blog, I'll be posting various snippets of what I learn and research on the Internet while reading the book.

I'm barely 20 pages into the book The War Before by Safiya Bukhari and already I am fascinated. The links with the feminist struggle and the freedom struggle in South Africa are as clear as the unique difficulties and problems facing the Black Panther Party in the US and I'll keep you updated on what I learn.

SHARE:

No comments

© A Passion to Understand

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig